1. Donate your time
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with special needs and are looking for a place to volunteer your time, look no further! We rely on volunteers to make this program successful and are always looking for additional people to join our team. We offer volunteer positions in a variety of capacities throughout the week and provide comprehensive training. If you would like to learn more about volunteering, please email Christine Spaeth at email@example.com.
2. Donate household items
The sales of your donated goods will help sustain the New Beginnings Job Training Program. All donations are tax deductible but must be clean and in good working condition. Otherwise, please try to recycle them (See Recycling Resources).
Donation Dos and Don’ts
- DO make sure all items are in working order prior to donation
- DO include all manuals and original boxes, if available
- DO include all pieces and/or parts
- DO email us ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to drop items off during the week or on Saturdays
- DO ask for a receipt
- DO NOT donate broken or soiled items
- DO NOT leave items outside the thrift shop
- DO NOT donate items that have been recalled, banned, or don’t meet current safety standards
If you have a question about something you would like to donate, email us at email@example.com. Please note: Our intake volunteers have the final say on what we take based on quality and condition of the items.
| Items we accept:
|| Items we do not accept:
- Furniture (tables, shelves, chairs, etc.)
- Housewares and small appliances (dishware, glassware, cookware, microwaves, etc.)
- Updated electronics (DVD players, flat screen TVs and monitors, updated gaming systems, etc.)
- Small Toys & Games (board games, outdoor games, computer games, etc.)
- Lawn and garden supplies (planters, small patio furniture, birdhouses, statues/figurines, etc.)
- Sporting goods (roller blades, hockey sticks, bats/gloves, etc.)
- Outdated television sets, computers, printers, fax machines
- Baby carriers and car seats
- Large appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, and dryers
- Clothing and shoes
- Health and beauty items
- Large pieces of furniture that cannot fit in a standard size minivan
- Mattresses and box springs
Please note that these items can find a happy home in the resources we listed on the Recycling Resources page.